Sunday, July 03, 2011

Migrating birds

I'm delighted to have a short story in the London Calling special Brit edition of PANK magazine. I'm kind of nervous, too, because it's the first not erotic story I've published in years. Read it here. It's short, dark and it has birds in it, so I'm pleased.

I was also delighted to be asked to readings in LA and San Francisco. In a few million years, perhaps - meanwhile, I'm dreaming of wearing a trilby and following Alison Tyler's ass around downtown LA, while speaking in Chandlerisms. Imagine flying round the world to read your work! Imagine!

I'll post details of the events when they come up. Meanwhile, I'm watching seagulls ...

4 comments:

Fulani said...

An expenses-paid trip to the US would be very cool... I wish you luck with that one and if it ever happens, tell me how you managed it because I never have!

Congrats on the publication, though. Just read it - short, to the point and graphic. Really cool.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks so much, Fulani! A trip to the US at all seeems a bit pie in the sky right now.

Vanessa said...

Dear Nikki, I have just discovered you. I loved your story in Pank, a magazine I have read from time to time.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks very much, Vanessa!