Thursday, May 05, 2011

Steam, punks, and lust

I'm delighted to announce (I love annnouncing things) that my story 'Make Your Own Miracles' will be appearing in Steamlust this October! Hoorah.

Meanwhile, fairly dull looking but useful work continues, including making frames for the animation and contemplating how to put together a collection of short stories. Should I self publish or start the long haul to find a publisher willing to take a chance on a fabulous but unusual project?

My heart sinks at the thought of working out the fine points that publishers do such a wonderful job of, such as distribution, but equally, I am thinking more and more that I don't want to be tied to the restraints of a publisher's requirements.

We'll see. Either way, adventures await.

5 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Exciting all around—from the story in the bag to the film in the pre-projection room to the collection in the internal conference room. Keep making miracles!

Jo said...

Very interesting! I suppose talk to all the people who've done the distribution thing and see what they suggest?

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, both! And don't go away because I'll hope to be persuading you both to join in with my ridiculous sorry I mean daring plan.

Jo, yes, it's just it's such a big job (she whines).

: )

Craig Sorensen said...

Congrats on the story, and best wishes on the project idea, however you decide to go with it!

Fulani said...

Congratulations!