Sunday, April 24, 2011

Daily poem catch-up

Yikes, I missed a couple of days. But two poems on Friday and the one I didn't get to post yesterday -

I am watching you learn
to walk on your own. Blossom
falls like summer snow

(an old recycled pram haiku) makes up the total, I think!

Today we're doing a chain renga - hoorah. The prompt is the Jasmine Revolution, and here's stanza 4. I'm not sure how far we'll get but I'm finding this inordinately exciting!

Mud clings to boots, leaves footprints
we can’t control our dreams

Come along and join in if the spirit moves you. 

Happy Oster!

4 comments:

Erobintica said...

I'm so far behind, it's not even funny. I am going to try and get caught up by the end of the month. We'll see.

Today's prompt looks like fun. Maybe I'll do that today.

Nikki Magennis said...

I hope so, Robin, I've never done collaborative poetry before and I'm really excited about it!

Erobintica said...

I just added verse 6. I have done collaborative poetry and it's always very interesting and sometimes magical. Hope others join in. I guess we can go in and write another verse if need be (or more.)

Nikki Magennis said...

Magic, Robin!

Yes, I'm not sure how many will join in or how long it will end up being, but I think plural verses would be brilliant if you could manage it.