Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Nude studies

A photo essay, mostly about nudity, nakedness and other unclothed states, up at F-stop.

Many thanks to the lovely Shanna for her patience as I fiddled and changed and edited this essay right up to the last minute. It's a very personal one, much more intimate than I'm used to writing. I expect that's why I was so nervous.

Anyway, I enjoyed putting it together. Though I have a lot of reservations about non-fiction, (mostly because I know very little about it) I have to admit some of the most interesting writing I'm reading lately is in essay form.

4 comments:

Jo said...

I think every woman should write one of those. It should be an essential task.

I think you nailed it, so beautifully.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, Jo. Yes, it was an interesting process, for sure.

Shanna Germain said...

You did nail it. And I didn't do a damn thing except try not to screw up your amazing work :)

Kudos!

(also, my word is: desseryx. which sounds like a minx and a dessert :) )

Madeline Moore said...

I loved it Nikki.