Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A love story written in rubber


So, those French letters, if you laid them all out on a bed – a king-size bed, say, line after line. What would they say?
They might start with how we were cautious, how we cared enough to bear the blush produced when near-strangers discuss the practicalities of sex. They might continue to say silly things – strawberry flavoured jokes that tip you into bed.
That gap there, the little space big enough to make a child. The absence makes me smile. And now?
The letters continue, fewer, maybe, but no less urgent. No less wonderful. And always, always sent with love. 

#something in 100 word flash celebrating the condom. 

6 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

So touching and delightful!

And I want to hear some strawberry flavoured jokes, please. I'm not sure I know any.

Nikki Magennis said...

Ah, thanks Jeremy!

Patient: Doctor, doctor, I've got a strawberry stuck up my ass.

Doctor: I've got some cream for that.

Ta-boom *tish*

Jeremy Edwards said...

Hahaha. Oh, yes, I do recall that one, now that you mention it. But I've never before heard it with a Nikki ta-boom *tish*—which of course is the best part.

Erobintica said...

came here to write "this was lovely" but now I'm laughing and probably will never be able to eat strawberries and cream (one of my favorites) without chuckling!

oh, this was a poem to me, no doubt about it Nikki - thanks!

Kristina said...

I love this, Nikki. So sweetly intimate. And it's particularly personal to my current situation. :-)

Nikki Magennis said...

Kristina and Robin, thanks so much!

I do wish I could fix the bloody typeface. I don't know why the last two lines are LOUDER than the others, but blogger insists, apparently ...