Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy

For AT. 


I didn't know what happiness was until I tripped over you that night. Did it qualify as the end of a long, long night or the very crack of dawn in the next day? All I know is your laughter split open the sky and I fell into your arms like I’d fall into bed. And then, well, we fell into bed.
Over and over.
And rolled around in there and came up smiling, it seemed, every time. Now I’m here, naked, waiting for you to come home and join me in bed. You make my whole heart sing, babe.

Okay, maybe it's a bit scrappy. But it's a sincere 100. Happy New Year to all of us. xxx

7 comments:

Danielle said...

happy new year to you and your loved ones:-)

Jeremy Edwards said...

Love it love it love it!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, Danielle, the same to you!

Jeremy - thank you! I'm not actually happy with Happy yet, but it was a spur of teh moment post.

Alison Tyler said...

Nikki, it's awesome. You truly rock!

XXX,
Alison

Emerald said...

Sparkling, Nikki! Happy new year!

Saskia Walker said...

Brava! You're so good at capturing a mood. This makes me tingle and smile...in so few words! I'm in awe.

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, you're all so kind. (I'm still bothered by the last repeat of bed, but eh, maybe for a special occasion we're allowed extra 'bed', anyway.)

Happy New Year to all of you, wishing you a very wonderful 2011, you beautiful people. xxx