Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Old Fashioned Glamour

Hey, it's nice to have some proper Writing News to announce round here lately!

I'm delighted to say that my story 'Old Fashioned Glamour' - a tale of witches in the 1950s, set in rural Scotland, will appear in Kristina Wright's Dream Lover anthology, out next year from Cleis Press.


I'll be sharing pages with lots of lovely friends, including: Shanna Germain, Alana Noel Voth , Kristina Lloyd, Lucy Felthouse, Justine Elyot, Lana Fox, Kate Pearce, Madeline Moore, Sacchi Green and ... I'll tell you more once the full TOC is announced!

Blessed be! xxx

14 comments:

Danielle said...

oh that are great news..and i cant wait to read alanas story..i miss her blogging so much....

Nikki Magennis said...

Click on her name above, Danielle, and you should get through to her new column up at Pank magazine.

And thanks!

Fulani said...

Excellent news, and with that group of authors it sounds like a very cool anthology. Congratulations!

Craig Sorensen said...

And I'm pleased to say I'm in it too. Just haven't had time to properly crow at my blog as yet.

Congrats, and as always, it's great to sharing the pages with you, Nikki!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, Fulani!

And Yay Craig, that's ace! : )

Jeremy Edwards said...

Awesome!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Squee!! Congrats, Nikki.

I'm still in shock to be honest - but naturally delighted.

Can't wait to see the book. xx

Alana Noel Voth said...

Witches? Cool. XO A

kristinalloyd said...

Your story sounds most intriguing - I'm already picturing it as Mad Men meets Macbeth. Really looking forward to this collection!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, all!

Kristina, hmm, I've not seen Mad Men but I think it's the opposite end of the fifties scale! This is set in a rural farming community. Like ... oh god, I don't know. Heartbeat, with hedge witches?

Wow, that sounds appalling. It's better than that! I hope! I really hope! ; )

Janine Ashbless said...

Congrat Nikki, and everyone in this anthology!

Madeline Moore said...

Lovely to be between the covers with you Nikki. And it will be lovely to read some new work by you. See - there is life after baby!

Saskia Walker said...

Yay! I have a story in this one too. I'm so pleased to be sharing pages with you once again. Can't wait to read Old Fashioned Glamour.

Nikki Magennis said...

Yay Madeline and Saskia! Magic. I'm looking forward to this one!