Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Todo

Like a dodo, only very much not dead.

My todo list is choking me. I want very much to keep posting flashes here, but I'm starting to hyperventilate lately so I'm pausing.

I have an art show in ooh, about three weeks. It's an open studio, and the studio is just a bit not actually built yet. Guuuuulp. Once we've done that, me and my magical, wonderful boyfriend, we will juggle a baby while actually painting some pictures hah no we won't. I will do some simple drawings on greaseproof paper.

I am trying to do my homework. It's hard, and I love it.

I am also trying to work out how to self publish a lovely little POD book of flashes. Wow, publishing. Not so much hard as really, really dull. Tax forms and ISBNs and blah. This is why it's easier to get someone else to publish you.

Oh yes, I may have a shot at a new publisher. If I can just knock out a novel over the next few weeks.

Am I writing this post just to scare myself, or am I actually trying to keep you lovely people up to date with what's happening in my life? Hm.

Onwards! Upwards! Hurrah!

8 comments:

Jo said...

I'd send you an energy and braveness cake parcel, but I'm afraid all I've really got to offer is cake. Just focus on how great it's all going to be when it's done!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Sorry about the stress... but woohoo! for everything you have in the works. Go Nikki go!

Spamword: mayshme

You a-mayshme.

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey both, thanks for the good wishes and cake! I am not complaining, to be clear - these are all things I *want* to do, not things I have to do! It's all good ... I just wish I had stretchy time.

Shanna Germain said...

Yes, yes, yes! TO all of this. I can't wait to see pictures of the studio and the people in it and the artwork. What joyous fun.

Go, you can do it!

Fulani said...

That's the thing about todo lists, isn't it - they can be scary.

I've done nothing on my blog for a while because I'm busy writing and meeting deadlines, and the blog kind of drops off the bottom of the list...

Hope it all works out for you, good like with the exhibition.

Fulani said...

BTW I'm thinking of a POD project, have been for some time. Getting ISBNs is easy enough (I think you buy 10 at a time if I remember rightly) - but why the tax form? I don't know about you but since I'm freelance anyway it would just count as part of my freelance work, probably in the first instance as an expense rather than an income... I wouldn't be setting up a 'publishing house' as a standalone business...

Danielle said...

i m late..but i say yes too to all of that..and a post which ends with hurrah is always a good one...

Nikki Magennis said...

Fulani - Lulu and so on is all US based, so if you're self publishing and using a certain distribution model and you live in the UK, apparently you need to fill in some US tax form. I don't know whether one actually has to pay US tax as well as UK tax, because I gave up at around that point ...

Danielle - yes! Hurrah!