Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Picking Apples in Hell

Sex in the City: Dublin v. 4

Just received my copy of 'Sex in the City' Dublin! Hoorah.

Lots of lovely reads to be read in here, and it's great to be sharing pages with Craig!

Each of the stories in these books has a page of background from the author. They're fascinating to read, but I'm a little bit freaky about my story blurb thing. I wrote it when J was 5 days old. I'd had about two minutes sleep in a week and got up at 5 a.m. to try and write down my thinking behind the story.

Mostly, I don't read my work once published. Too scared. Like I said, a bit freaky.

Anyway, I like the title of this one. I hope I did it justice. I also hope I did a passable Irish accent - and that the characters ring true. It's a fairly intricate plot, for me. I hope it works. And I promise there are no leprechauns in it.

Well. Maybe one. An ironic one. But probably not.

; P

3 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear that the book is en route. I'm anxious to get my copy so I can read your story! And I'm sure your background blurb was fine.

Jo said...

Ack! I wish I'd know about this before it came out :(

Nikki Magennis said...

To submit a story, Jo? Yes, damn, you should be in this book!