Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It is goode to be frugall

To live in ane smalle house, with out accoutrements and unnecessarie embellishment. Tis goode to do with out sofa nor easy chaires, to sitte on the lap of one’s beloved. Tis goode, when done with the dayes work, to retire to bed, for there be no where else to go in ane smalle house. Each may warm each other by the application of hands, touche of skin and even perchance mouthes, if blankets on the bed of one’s beloved be thin and thread bare. Lament not an empty bellie, for it is said ye who is hungry fuck-es the hardest.

From a fragment of manuscript found, sorry, founde in the local Abbey. Probably.

This week I am hand-correcting brochures, sealing plaster, laying floors and trying to balance my tea intake with enough physical labour that I don't go all freakyweirdy. Back soon with more stuff!

3 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

I love the fragmente. Methinks it speaketh truthe.

Methinks also tis goode that they abandoned the obsessione withe ees in printede language before theye inventede typewriteres.

ees would have worne out so very quicklie!

:-)

Janine Ashbless said...

Hah! Want to come and seal my plaster too? (Oo-er.) No, I didn't mean to sound rude: I just have a lot of raw plaster and bare breeze-block all of a sudden!

Nikki Magennis said...

Craig - heheh, yes. although it's still the most commonly used letter, isn't it? Es are a sort of nondescript beige, as letters, I think. The magnolia of the alphabet.

Janine - I love bare plaster! I'll be right there. Did you rub your cheek on it yet? Isn't it lovely? But I didn't lick it. Really, I didn't.