Monday, August 17, 2009

Tripping



Sorry for the silence, have not fallen off the face of the earth. Have been on a Road Trip.

Went up and a little to the right with the lovely Shanna to explore Scotland, eat sweets, talk the hind legs off a field of donkeys and see family.

I can't think of a more charming travel companion. It's such a treat to have good conversation with a fellow writer, especially one as thoughtful and intelligent as Shanna.

It's a shame that there seem to be so many miles between me and most of the writers I've met online. I think everyone needs time talking about their work, about writing, without a keyboard inbetween and with the opportunity to make rude gestures when necessary.

I can't wait for the Eroticon in Iceland.

(No, it doesn't exist. But one day it will when we are all rich.)

(That in the background is my shiny little stallion, that got us there and back mostly in one piece. Well done wee car!)

14 comments:

Shanna Germain said...

Ooh, can we stay at the ice hotel?!

Nikki Magennis said...

I think the ice hotel is in Sweden or Finland. But yes, why the hell not?!

Shanna Germain said...

-thinks she just proved that she's neither intelligent nor all that thoughtful with her 'oooh, shiny!' comment just now-

Hehehe.

I had a blast. Those donkeys were happy to see us go though, I bet.

Nikki Magennis said...

Ha! I have just written a story about donkeys.

(Don't worry, it's not erotica.)

Janine Ashbless said...

Welcome back! I missed you!

And yes, roll on Eroticon in Iceland (provided they stop killing whales) ... I haven't been to Iceland. For that reason.

(*ahem* I have however stayed in the Ice Hotel, which is indeed in Sweden. It's awesome. And dog-sledding was just one of the most fun things EVER. Okay, now I'm feeling a bit embarassed because frankly it looks like I do nothing but gad about wasting Mr Ashbless' money. But what else is it for?)

Nikki Magennis said...

Hi Janine,

Yes, I have a bit of bother with the whales thing too.

(And I am very glad you waste Mr A's money, because you write such fabulous posts about it afterwards!)

Janine Ashbless said...

Can we see more of your holiday photos? (With or without donkeys)

Nikki Magennis said...

Well, actually I didn't take all that many, being a bit forgetful and sporadic. And I am rather enormously fat/pregnant so a bit shy. But I'll see what I can find. Perhaps some nice heather shots?

: )

Shanna Germain said...

No, no, the ones I took of you in all your pregnant beauty are gorgeous and glowing and all smile-inducing.

Tell her, Janine! She must post them :)

neve black said...

I've pre-booked my Iceland flight. :-)

Emerald said...

I bet the pictures of you, Nikki, are indeed beautiful. How lovely that you guys had a delightful trip together! Funny that it seems to have approximately coincided with the gathering of a number us last weekend on this side of the pond (as they say) in Pennsylvania. Yay for in-person erotica writer gatherings!

Lol @ Janine's and Nikki's subsequent parenthetical notations.

Welcome back Nikki!

Nikki Magennis said...

S - you're very kind, but my arm is not twisted, sorry! ; )

Neve - lovely. I shall see if I can book the blue lagoon, shall I?

And Emerald - isn't that serendipitious or however you spell it?!

Nikki Magennis said...

Actually, I should have said - Shanna took some great pics and she's blogging about our trip much more eloquently than I could at her travel blog here.

Janine Ashbless said...

But you have to tell us what you did to those donkeys! Pleeeese?