Monday, August 24, 2009

Add it up

Our eyes met across the dance floor and locked for forty-one seconds. You licked your lips twice.
Over the next five days, we kissed six hundred and two times, with tongues two hundred and fifty. You ran your hand over my left breast with sixty-three urgent strokes, like you were trying to polish my heart.
We fucked four and a half times, you came twice, I faked it five times but retracted once. I think we came out even.
I watched the phone for twelve long nights.
Afterwards my heart hurt for fourteen months, three weeks, two days and counting.



9 comments:

Danielle said...

fuck..i know that place..i ve been there...

Shanna Germain said...

Gorgeous!

fave bits:
like you were trying to polish my heart.

but retracted once.

Damn. Nicely done!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks both! Maybe it's worth waking up at 5am sometimes.

Craig Sorensen said...

"I think we came out even."

Indeed.

The ledger sheet of a broken heart.

Excellent.

neve black said...

Ah, the pain is so eloquently spoken here, Nikki. How lovely.

Janine Ashbless said...

I get this one! ;-)
Fantastic!

Alana said...

Wow, another one I love. :-)

A

Nikki Magennis said...

Lots of thanks to all of you! Glad you like it. I'm trying to do two or three a day - and end up with a hundred good ones before the babby arrives.

Aurora Hunter said...

That hit me in my ow.. spot. All that intensity and then nothing but wondering.

Great short.