Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yes, because ...



Because, on a rainy day, we need songs like this. Because three years ago I couldn't leave the house without collapsing, sweating and trembling. Today I can drive myself to the local village and buy groceries.

At least, with agoraphobia, as and when you recover, you find the most enormous satisfaction in the smallest of things. I come home with a pound of mince and half a cabbage and feel like life is shimmering and wonderful.

Because I am studying Molly Bloom's voice and I love her 'yes' and I tried to record a version of it myself and managed five pages before I had to stop, being dizzy and unable to breathe without punctuation, but now I do wish to start saying 'yes' more.

And also because I am apparently blogging like a crazy fool to avoid writing a story ... don't mind me, go and watch the slugs down there, they're amazing ...

(last but not least because is this not just the best fucking song ever? And are they not beautiful?)

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Nikki, I'm so proud of you for what you've achieved!

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, thanks Jeremy! : )