Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Pleasure Bound



Contributor copies of Pleasure Bound arrived today!

(Out in a couple of weeks in the UK)











This is a volume of true bondage stories. My short flash (Handfast) is snuggled in here cosily along with stories from many friends and fellow smutters.

I feel a little shy about reading their stories. I mean, won't it be intrusive? It might feel a bit weird finding out what my esteemed colleagues really get up to behind closed doors.

Oh, okay then *runs off to rifle through the book and check out exactly how filthy her friends are.* My word! Look at that table of contents! What a saucy lot! (Apart from Kristina Lloyd, who has written a nice story about flowers, I think.)



'Handfast' is dedicated to boyf, whom I don't often write about because I love him so much I really couldn't fit it all in a story. And look, I get too soppy. But most days I am just dumbstruck by him, by his careless grace and his crap jokes and his beautiful smile and his endlessly kind heart. A lifetime isn't long enough, really.

13 comments:

Danielle de Santiago said...

i wrote now an answer on this post..twice..and erased it again...a serious answer...a funny answer...

a lifetime isnt enough for true love...thats right..beautiful said miss magennis...

Donna said...

It's a great anthology, Nikki, and your lovely prose poem is the perfect introduction. Everything you need to say with elegance and power. Really breathtaking!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, Danielle! I can be a bit of a drama queen, always aware that time together is finite.

And Donna, wow, thank you so much. I'm really so touched that you liked it! Looking forward to reading more of the antho tonight.

Danielle de Santiago said...

ah donna..always with the right elegant answer ready to hand..:-)))

nikki i think the same way about relationships..love...maybe love is forever..but realationships are not...sometimes when i love someone so much..it kills me to know it will not be forever..we all are endable...its sad but true...look for example at gina maries tasty geoducks..those fuckers can live for 140 (some even more) years..long time if you neither can have blowjobs, chocolate or a good book...but we humans..we who feel..learn..grow..we are brushed away in a second compared to that 140 years,,just the other day my grandmother reminded me on that when she said that life is just a breath...we all should enjoy our time the best we can..so..write as much dramatic discribtions of your love as you can..its worth it..:-)

Gina Marie said...

Congrats to you Nikki. Your eloquence made me a little mushy too. Full moon maybe? Danielle, the Geoducks said it is blowjobs, chocolate, good books and whiskey that makes it *possible* to live 140 years -- more than a lifetime, but it still ain't enough.

kristina lloyd said...

Ha, yes, my nice story about flowers!

Thanks for the shout out. Got my contrib copies yesterday and literally have not even opened them to check I am in it. Been busy in the trenches. Was good to see you there.

Nikki Magennis said...

Say hello to your granny from me, Danielle!

Gina - oh, is it full moon? Ah, that explains a few things ... thanks!

And Kristina, oh dear, I tried, but then I lost my temper when someone said that men have higher sex drives than women. Sorry. I was trying to be all intelligent and then I just started swearing incoherently.

Craig Sorensen said...

Congrats, Nikki.

Looks like an awesome collection!

Alison Tyler said...

Leave it to Kristina to bring the centerpiece. I'm hella impressed with the stories this time 'round!

XXX,
Alison

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks Craig and Alison both!

Danielle de Santiago said...

@ gina

is it ever enough?..a thoudsand lifetimes wouldnt be enough to become and see and expirience all i m hungry for...

Kristina said...

Aw, love what you said about the boyf, Nikki. Lovely stuff, true love.

As usual, I am the last person in the world to receive my contributor copies. I'm convinced my mail carrier hides the books from me... ah well, maybe tomorrow. Can't wait to see this collection. :-)

Lucy Felthouse said...

Congrats to you and all involved. Can't wait to get my hands on this...