Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spare a thought for wee Petra - she's had a rough couple of days! Bitten (quite badly) and then a horror visit to the vet's to um .. well, you don't want to know. But cat bites are awful, and I've never heard her howl so loud! She's been doused in iodine and injected and we have to wash her twice a day. What a miserable kitty, but she's so brave!



This is for her. I know that in general cats don't go a bundle on music, and her ears go back when I play it, but I like to think on some level she appreciates the genius of Mark E Smith.

10 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Funny, I've been thinking a lot about the Fall this week—and I don't even have a cat!

Feel better, brave Petra!

Craig Sorensen said...

Oh, poor Petra. Get well soon, kitty!

Emerald said...

Oh, very best to Petra! :( Thank you for taking care of her.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks all so much! She's looking much better now and just moaning constantly because I'm keeping her indoors for a few days!

Janine Ashbless said...

What was she bitten by? I'm assuming not just the monster midges you have up in Scotland...

Get well soon, Petra!

Nikki Magennis said...

I think another cat - the vet said they have filthy mouths. Maybe that's why I get on so well with them ... : )

Ta! x

Wander.Lust said...

Oh, no! Poor kittah...

Can we bring her some kitty nip or something? Or maybe just nice hands to pet her with?

See you all soon!

Anonymous said...

oh yes.. other kitties do have filthy mouths. The bites swell up and become horribly infected. I've had that happen to my precious kitties and they do soo hate to be kept inside through recovery.
:)gigi

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, S, your petting hands will be plenty, thanks! We have a sackful of catnip already!

And gigi - yes, that's exactly what's happened. She is leaping about again chasing mice though, so fingers crossed, she's recovering!

Erobintica said...

my kitties, Eclipse, Luna & Mariposa send Petra their sympathies and say meow well soon