Sunday, April 12, 2009

The moment Amazon became guff

Well, it started to happen a while ago. The first shitty glitch was when they published real names and addresses under authors' wish lists. Yeah, remember that?! Oh, how stalkers everywhere rubbed their hands in glee!

Lately, they've lied to me about having books in stock, so I've started cancelling orders and looking elsewhere for quick, cheap books.

But the latest stupendo-mistake is removing not just erotic books or anything 'adult'(which pisses me off, of course) but also apparently any GLBT books from their sales ranking lists.

This is where we part company, Amazon. That is not okay.

Adios.

My books are available from Random House direct, here.

From Cleis Press here.

From the fabulous lovehoney here.

From Waterstones here.

From bricks and mortar bookshops everywhere and even, amazingly, some libraries.

From ... you get the idea, right?

Petition here


PS Bear with me while I replace any Amazon links on my page with others. I'm still a bit crap at this html!

5 comments:

Erobintica said...

and to think I finally got my review for The New Rakes up on Saturday. *shakes head*

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, Robin, did you? Thanks so much! That's hugely appreciated, even if I am now in a big huff with Amazon!

Nikki Magennis said...

'frustration and friction' - hehe love it! Thanks again, Robin, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the book.

Erobintica said...

yeah, sucks about amazit - been following the kerfluffle today

Wander.Lust said...

Oh, man. That sucks. I wish I could feign surprise...

Blech. Dumb companies...

-goes off to sign the petition-