Monday, March 02, 2009

The New Rakes at Lovehoney

I'm really thrilled that THE NEW RAKES has been chosen as Lovehoney's Book of the Month. Click just there to read what they think of it ...


"The New Rakes - a decadently dirty new release from Black Lace that is sure to become a classic!

Revolving around the world of music and the people it attracts, this is not just a complete page-turner of a novel but it's exceptionally erotic, too!

The sex with both Tam and Mike is phenomenal - each offers unique and filthy scenarios and sexual explorations ...

... a really refreshing book that will not only get you off but will give you that get-up-and-go feeling afterwards!"


... There's also an interview in which I am gratifyingly referred to as 'young'.


- And an excerpt - the negotiation scene between Mike and Kara, which was very fun to write.


What's more, anyone who buys the book in March gets a free rocket vibe. Which is 'exceptionally powerful' and usually costs a tenner. Also it looks a bit like a microphone, which is apt. I think lovehoney are ace, but obviously they're not very good at counting because that deal is just cray*!zee!

Thank you lovehoney! I shall be basking in a bath of fizzy ego-salts for the remainder of the month! xxx

15 comments:

Neve Black said...

Nikki, that's awesome! Yah!

Congratulations! I think LoveHoney is ace too. Although, I must admit, I wouldn't have used the word, ace. I like that though.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks Neve!

Ace is one of my favourite teenager left-over words. Actually, we used to say 'acic' (a-sick), but I think that might just confuse anyone not from the north-east of Scotland!

Erobintica said...

Sounds like a fun month for you - fizzy ego-salts and all. :-)

My copy of New Rakes is on it's way (ordered through Amazon) - and I was hoping it'd get here today, but we've got 7+ inches of snow already and it's still coming down. We'll see.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Nikki, that is so exciting! I'm asking Amazon for my copy pretty please right now. "That get-up-and-go feeling afterwards" -- YES!!

Congrats to you!!

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, Robin and Kirsten, thanks so much! I very much hope you both enjoy the book. xx

Donna said...

I love the interview and that wonderful author photo and all the behind-the-story story. I'm looking forward to my copy of TNR, too. Congrats, Nikki, on a lovely feature and review!

Madeline Moore said...

Oh I could really use some get up and go... but I'm not sure an erotic novel, not even one of yours, would do it for me, Nikki. I'm just not that get-up-and-go these days, but then, it is March and I do live in Canada. I just need a curl up and "read" book, and this sounds like just the ticket. Congrats!

Nikki Magennis said...

Heheh, thanks Madeline! I know what you mean. I want a kind of lie down and breathe book this evening ...

Craig Sorensen said...

Excellent interview, Nikki! Loved it.

Congratulations!

Emerald said...

A lovely interview, Nikki! (And indeed, a lovely picture too.) Congratulations!

The New Rakes is one of the next books on my (admittedly seemingly hundreds-long) reading list. I am looking forward to it!

Xoxo

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks very much, Craig and Emerald!

It's amazing what one can achieve with photoshop ... ; )

Jeremy Edwards said...

Awesome, Nikki! I'm writing in a hurry here ... but super interview, beautiful photo ... and you've taught me a great new expression, "push the boat out"!

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, thanks Jeremy-in-a-hurry! And you don't know 'push the boat out'? Really? God, I'm so dialectish.

Shanna Germain said...

OMG, Nikki!

That f-ing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I can say. I covet my copy of your glorious, gorgeous, girl-sexy book!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thank you, Shanna, fabulous first-reader! I'd never have written it without your help and support. xx