Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Well, hello America!


uity excuse me, Pe6tra is helping me type tozzzzzzzzday. Phew, and I've got lots to share ...

The New Rakes is now released in the US of A! Hoorah!

To celebrate, I'm going to cook an American meal tonight. I have hotdogs, and I'm going to try and make this Succotash thing, a Caesar salad and hmmm ... corn bread? Can I use frozen spinach for a Caesar salad?

If the cat keeps up her devilry, I'll be serving Petra pie with icecream for dessert. Look, she's trying to put on her innocent face -




Hope you like the book, Americanos!

Also!

This week, the fabulous Janine Ashbless's second collection of short stories is released in the UK - an essential book for anyone who loves beautifully crafted erotica! Order now at amazon uk.

Frenzy got a very cool review at Erotica Revealed. Steven Hart compares one of my stories to haiku - for which I am very flattered!

"When the short forms are used with ├ęclat and real severity, they are bright and entertaining gems of understatement that create a much larger and more lush sense of authentic pleasure precisely because they excite by inference ... Like Haiku, Nikki Magennis’s “Sweets” which makes short, but thorough, work of the erotic potential in sucrose."


~And please join me on Friday for another 'Writing that touches'. I'll be kicking off the new year with a guest whose work has been a new delight for me - the kaleidoscopic Kirsten Monroe!



***




"fascinating, sexy and exciting" - 5 pixies from Dark Angel Reviews

"The New Rakes totally rocks" - Ashley Lister at ERWA


Available now at Amazon.com

16 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

So much good news to be found here! Nikki ... and and Janine ... and and and Kirsten ... woohooo!!!

Hope you like the book, Americanos!

We love it! (Okay, I admit I cheated and snagged one from the UK.)

Jeremy Edwards said...

Nikki ... and and Janine ... and and and Kirsten

Oops, I forgot to mention Petra. Presti! [my spamword] Now I have.

Janine Ashbless said...

Congrats Nikki - and thanks for the mention of Dark Enchantment! I'm posting excerpts over at my blog for the next couple of weeks. With pretty pictures.

www.janineashbless.blogspot.com

Craig Sorensen said...

As yet another Yank who snagged an early copy, I must agree.

We love it Nikki!

Congrats on making that hop across the pond.

Nikki Magennis said...

Hi all,

thanks so much!

Janine Ashbless said...

Psst ... What is succotash? And why does it suffer?

Madeline Moore said...

Yay for You! Does this mean Canada, too? I'm presently fighting with Amazon as I wish to review etc. on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk but they won't let me 'cause I haven't ordered books from them. Only Amazon.ca. Grumble.

Never mind that! I'm happy for you Nikki. Hope it's a big seller.

Nikki Magennis said...

I think proper succotash is lima beans, sweetcorn and spring onions with cream. But I used *cough* baked beans, after I'd washed the tomato sauce off of them.
In my hands, the succotash probably suffered quite horribly!

And yes, Madeline, Amazon is a rather contrary beast, isn't it? Full of glitches and illogic. I'd hate it if it wasn't also so good at the longtail stuff.

Nikki Magennis said...

- sorry, to answer your qu, Mad, yes that means Canadia also! Double-North-American Hoorah!

Kirsten Monroe said...

Congrats on so much excitement Nikki! How did the dogs during out? Did you wave flags and wear a ball cap too? I'm very excited about Friday and completely wowed that you called me "kaleidoscopic." Truly -- big, huge smile!

Spamword is dediumpy. That's such a great feeling -- one of my favorites!

Kirsten Monroe said...

I meant, "how did the dogs TURN out?" I was typing rather excitedly.

Nikki Magennis said...

The dogs were lovely, Kirsten! It was a bit of a mongrel meal tho - next time I think I'll do shrimp gumbo and mint juleps which might hang together better ... no, hang on, that sounds even weirder.

Damn it. I aspire to cooking but usually fail spectacularly. ; )

Kirsten Monroe said...

Oh no, gumbo and juleps sounds fantastic -- with some hot hush puppies and an oyster Po Boy. Mmmm!

Janine Ashbless said...

Hush puppies??

*pictures Kirsten eating comfy shoes*

Nikki Magennis said...

Hehe, yep, that all went right over my head! I'd have a shot at a po boy though, it sounds fun.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Hee -- down south hush puppies are delicious fried balls o' savory cornbread batter. So yummy.

"The name supposedly originated when Southern hunters were gathered about the fire to cook the evening meal, and the dogs would start barking and begging for food. The cook would drop bits of corn meal batter and toss them to the hungry dogs with the admonition, 'hush, puppy!'"