Monday, December 01, 2008

Encore!

Well, this is turning into a Very Good Day all round!

Another review for THE NEW RAKES - this from Ashley Lister at the ERWA (click for full review)

'Nikki Magennis is an awesome writer. She blends the musicality of this story with her supreme skills as an erotic fiction author.

Kara’s adventure is exquisitely portrayed from the excitement she feels on-stage to the highs and lows she endures off-stage with her access-all-areas love-life.

The sex is arousing; the story is compelling; and
The New Rakes totally rocks.'

Yowee Zowee. Now I'm going to scuttle off and hug myself with glee ... : )

12 comments:

Neve Black said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

p.s. I love the YoweeZowee too. :-)

Nikki Magennis said...

Hiya Neve, and thanks very much!

I have to admit, I lifted 'Yowee Zowee' from a Pavement album ... favourite song on there is the one that goes:

'I'm trying, I'm trying' - over and over and over. I love it!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Yay!!!

No surprise at all that you're rake-ing in the rave reviews!

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, thanks Jeremy!

Madeline Moore said...

Way to go Nikki!

Jeremy - my word verification is 'mater'. A real word!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Aha! I've begun to notice lately that the spamwords have been getting closer to real words ... and now, evidently, they've crossed over altogether. I guess it's only a matter of time before the real words start dressing up as spamwords. The grass is always greener, and all that.

EllaRegina said...

Many congratulations, Nikki!

Janine Ashbless said...

Spam words getting more real? Last week I got WHITERAT.

And right now I've got EXTRA.

I'll have extra white rats on that, please.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, all! I'm still very chuffed and it's cheering up a week currently filled with a thousand cardboard boxes...

Jeremy Edwards said...

I'll have extra white rats on that, please.

[Waiter costume (unbuttoned to the waist, if you like).]

I'm sorry, madam, but we only have brown rats, not-so-brown rats, white rats, off-white rats, parmesan peppercorn, and balsamic vinaigrette. We're out of the extra-white rats.

Hang on, though ... I think we may have a few extra-extra-white rats. I can ask the chef.

(Ugh. And me a vegetarian, too.)

[Turns green, rushes off to Janine's bog.]

Nikki Magennis said...

And maybe for dessert, modom would like some 'fancy rats'?

Nikki Magennis said...

PS what's with the sudden rodent theme? This blog is growing whiskers.