Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The New Rakes - a teaser






WARNING: The following content is explicit and to be read by adults only.

So, now we're all sitting comfortably, let the excerpt begin:

Kara felt the champagne haze wash over her, bubbles dancing through her bloodstream and making her pleasantly dizzy. There was a low-level buzz of anticipation in the air between them. This time, though, she had a better idea of what to expect. There would be no coy uncertainty; Kara knew an encounter with Mike would be highly charged and unsettling. And she knew that she liked it.
‘I want to know everything,’ Mike said at last. ‘What turns you on, what you dream of late at night, when you’re alone in your bed with your hand jammed between your legs. I want to know the pictures that you see in your head and exactly how you feel when you’re horny.’
His voice was low but clear, and Kara huddled automatically closer, looking about warily to see who was sitting near them. It was as though she was sitting in the Waltzers and someone had just spun the seats round – she felt the delicious spark and the nervous lurch, her surroundings blurred so that she had to focus on Mike and Mike alone, as though anything else would send her spinning off into space. Her mouth opened but she didn’t know what to say.
‘This isn’t going to be some swift and sordid affair, Kara. I’m not interested in knee tremblers in the back of a car, even if it is hard to resist the urge. I said I wanted to fuck you thoroughly, and I mean it. That means I want to know you. Your body and your fantasies through and through.’
He leaned forward. ‘Am I shocking you?’
Kara bit her lip. ‘A little.’
‘Good. I like it that you’re shockable.’
‘And what about your tastes and fantasies and yada yada yada? What do you want?’ she asked.
‘I should have thought that was obvious.’ Mike took a cigarette from his breast pocket and twisted it between his fingers. He smiled. ‘I want to drive you mad with desire, of course. But first I want to find out which buttons to push.’
Kara laughed. ‘So what, I should write you a laundry list?’
Mike said nothing, twirling the cigarette between his knuckles.
‘Are you going to smoke that thing, or are you practising for the majorettes?’
‘I gave up.’
‘So why do you have one in your pocket?’
Mike gave her a thin smile.
‘Like I was trying to show you, Kara, anticipation is more than half the pleasure. If you knew that I’d booked a room here, for example, with the serious intent of taking you upstairs later and fucking you, you’d start to feel a little ... heated.’
Kara swallowed. ‘And have you?’
‘Maybe. But tell me, if I had – what would you imagine?’
‘Uh, you ripping my skirt off and fucking me senseless?’
‘Bullshit.’ Mike shifted in his seat and frowned. ‘Would I be slow and deliberate? Would I be rough? Would I kiss you before I stripped you?’
‘There are people ... ’ Kara looked urgently over Mike’s shoulder, to where a table of businessmen sat idly chatting.
‘I’m not interested in them. Start here. Start half an hour from now.’
‘I’ll be half cut by then.’
‘You’re sitting in your seat.’
Kara inhaled. ‘Okay. I’m sitting in my seat.’
‘Your breasts feel tight. Your nipples are hard. You know what we’re about to do.’
Kara swallowed. The thought of admitting her fantasies to Mike was like standing on the edge of a shark-infested sea, wondering whether they’d bite, and how hard.
She shut her eyes, took a deep breath and jumped. 


Want more? Read the whole first chapter.
- and if you haven't seen the wee film trailer for The New Rakes - here it is!





THE NEW RAKES - out now on Amazon UK (with free shipping!)

And available for preorder on at Amazon.com

8 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

What a hot excerpt, and what a clever trailer!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You rock Nikki.

I look forward to the US release of the The New Rakes.

Nikki Magennis said...

Molto grazie, Craig, you're very kind.

(Enter the comp over at lustbites and you might win a copy before it's out in the US!)

Janine Ashbless said...

What an amazingly happy day! There'll be dancing in the street...(Though the New Rakes can't take all the credit, I'm afraid!)

Nikki Magennis said...

Isn't it, Janine? It's all a bit knackering!

Jeremy Edwards said...

This day is indeed full of dancing, not to mention the crying of many tears of joy and relief. But I'm very glad I was able to stop dancing and crying long enough to read your riveting excerpts (as previously drooled over by me today in my LB comment) and watch your absolutely delightful trailer—twice, the second time with Mrs. Jeremy along for the ride. It's adorable and charming and sexy and hilarious and beautifully orchestrated and designed and paced ... and I've never seen anything like it. It's really brilliant, Nikki—and thus the perfect complement to your brilliant book.

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, I'm lost for words, Jeremy! Thank you. I'm glad the film's getting watched - it took an awwwwwwwwwwful lot of blu-tack and swearing!

Michelle M Pillow said...

I adore the stop motion video you did!

Nikki Magennis said...

Cheers, Michelle! I am quite proud of it, jerky and ramshackle as it is!