Tuesday, November 25, 2008

gifts

I am impatient. I am waiting for something and I don't know what. Killing time. Sucking on a wet cloth, opening my mouth but nothing comes out.

There's something I forgot to say, or shouldn't have said, or didn't have the courage to state plainly.

At times like this, when the words are just piling up in my head but not making it to my fingers, I'm so grateful to get gifts. Tea and cigarettes from my mother. A postcard from an old friend.

Alison Tyler's wonderful new book Never Have The Same Sex Twice.



This book is a gift, without a doubt. Woven throughout with fabulous stories, snippets and scenes from favourite writers, each chapter explores ways to keep the sex fresh in a monogamous relationship. Alison 'wanted to write a guide that would turn people on while they were reading'. And it does. There are layers of sex and love and ideas here, some sweet, some shocking and some playful.

A good gift, I think, reminds you of what you have as well as sparking your dreams of what is possible. With contributions from - oh boy, so many great erotica writers, plus Alison's own sassy, sexy writing, I'm sooooo looking forward to reading (and sharing) this one with boyf.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

A good gift, I think, reminds you of what you have as well as sparking your dreams of what is possible.

That's beautiful, Nikki!

And thanks for the shout-out! : ) I'm really excited about being part of the never-the-same.

Nikki Magennis said...

Actually I muddled your shout out with Shanna's. Shanna shoulda been 'oh' and you shoulda been 'boy'. For obvious reasons!

Craig Sorensen said...

I'm so looking forward to receiving this intriguing book too.

I'm honored to be amongst such August authors, even though it's November.

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, Craig, you're in here too! Sorry, I just skimmed the contribs list when I was making shout outs. (And was most excited that I found a new button that makes it quicker! doh ... )

By now, I really should be a whizz at the internet. I blame my goldfish memory. Last night, I asked boyf if we have a hoover.

- but maybe that says more about my housekeeping than my memory.

Waht the fuck am I on about? Hey, Craig, want some of this cough medecine? It's quite good.

Craig Sorensen said...

Oh please Nikki, no need to apologize!

I'm just grateful to be included in the collection and hoping to get my copy soon so I can dig and enjoy the contributions of such fine authors!

In the meanwhile, I'd love a swig o' that lovely cough medicine.