Thursday, October 30, 2008

Confused

Hello chickadees. Forgive my sporadic silences - I've been making films, trying to sell/buy/move house, reading 'The God Delusion' concurrently with 'The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying' and generally tying my brain up in very complicated knots.

Which is perhaps why I just made myself two cups of tea by accident. As in, made one, set it down, got up, went back to kitchen, made another, brought it back and felt a bit nuts.

So, sitting here with my two cups of tea that are both too hot to drink, I think it's best I don't launch into a confused existential rant. Instead, here's Olivia Newton John, with a horrendous outfit, some gorgeous slide guitar and an old Bob Dylan song:

5 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

I know that "two cups of tea" sort of phenom. Yesterday I kept feeling like it was time to break for a shower. Thing was, I'd just taken a shower. I mean, like, my hair was still wet. : )

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh my god, you do that too!! With me it's baths. Or cigarettes. I want one while the one I'm smoking is still in my mouth.

Anyway, the shower thing must be because of your filthy mind, Jeremy. You probably should just give up and install yourself permanently in the bathroom. ; )

Jeremy Edwards said...

Nikki said:
I want one while the one I'm smoking is still in my mouth.

Yes, I'm like that with coffee—frequently! Not the "forgot I already made a cup" scenario (though I'm sure I've done that, too), but the thinking-how-I-want-one-while-actually-having-one model.

Jeremy Edwards said...

Anyway, the shower thing must be because of your filthy mind, Jeremy.

Heheh, yeah. You know, on the very-hot-and-sticky July day that I was to read at In the Flesh, there was a problem with the water where I was staying; and at one point (before the H2O finally came back on) I was brainstorming about how/where to get the very necessary shower. "Nobody wants a dirty writer who's not clean," I remember saying to myself.

Nikki Magennis said...

Solution: Exponential coffee?