Thursday, September 25, 2008
Sorry, dear readers. I went on holiday and got back and have been in a Whirl.
So - what's new?
1. I got my copy of 'Ultimate Burlesque' - which is gorgeous and just overflowing with great writers and stories. Lots of glitter and feathers and filthy good fun. Now available for preorder!
2. I am nearly finished a story I'm working immensely hard on - mostly because it involves elements of a plot, and I find plots incredibly difficult. Hence a lot of sweat and thinking and not much bloggering.
3. Kristina Lloyd and Mathilde Madden have started 'eroticacoverwatch' - asking why there are no men on erotica covers. Personally, I'd quite like to see smutty books drop the naked people altogether and go for something fresher - maybe suggestive fruit or phphphh I dunno - a zip graphic? Bunnies? A foil-wrapped johnny? But, if we must have titties on covers, it does seem only fair that they should be equal opportunititties.
4. I found out sadly that I still have the Wedding Curse - which is to say, every time I go to one I fall on my erse and twist my ankle. That's five weddings out of six, folks! It's uncanny. And bloody painful.
5. I also rediscovered the nonsense that is dressing up girly-like. No wonder I do it so rarely. Foolishly, I thought buying a frock would be enough. But it's not. In order not to look merely like a troll in a frock, but more like a troll that has Made an Effort, apparently one needs to acquire magic underwear. And then a slip to stop the magic underwear sticking to the frock. And then fake tan to stop sun-deprived hermit-skin looking whiter than the bride's frock. And then - okay, I'll skip the various shaving/plucking/grooming rigmarole. Suffice to say, I think false nails should be banned under the Geneva Convention. Sticking hard plastic to ones tender skin with superglue just can't be a good idea.
6. On my holiday I did archery. And it was brilliant and amazing. Have asked for a bow for my birthday. Am unexpectedly a damn good shot. Don't laugh.