Thursday, September 25, 2008

Also


Ooh, Hurts So Good, edited by Alison Tyler is up on Amazon.com, and ready to buy! If you click the link, and search inside you'll get to read almost all of my story 'The Sound of One Hand Clapping'.

Mostly, I get squirmy and abashed when stories are out there. But I'm proud of this one. I loved writing it.

At the last minute, I had to change the song I excerpted, because being a twat I forgot about getting permission from the writer/musicians. It orginally was referencing this song:



- but I changed it to this:



(Found new version! Beakutiful man with dulcimer.) I'm sure you can tell that the different song shifted the emphasis somewhat. Hopefully it still works - 'Drink to me only' is allegedly about cunnilingus. Which would fit.

- if you want to read the all important last few lines of the story, and the twenty other tales in the book (which I'm sure are stunning, though I haven't got my copies yet) you'll need to get your hands on a copy!

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Congrats Nikki.

I'm glad to be sharing the pages of an antho with you again, and I look forward to reading "The Sound of One Hand Clapping."

What an intriguing title!

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey Craig, look forward to reading your story too!

The title relates to the sort of murky, twisted Zen elements in the story. I think.