Thursday, August 07, 2008

I wish



I was in the evening sunshine, listening to the Pixies.

Anyway, some good news:

Circus Excite is back in stock at Amazon UK. It seems to have been reprinted, which is good, I think?

Also - along with lots of lush writers like
Jeremy Edwards, Alison Tyler, Kristina Lloyd, Portia Da Costa and others, I've a story appearing in Ultimate Burlesque, a fund-raiser for Macmillan. Order already! Isn't it pretty?



More here.

There's a fancy ball and everything, but I'm not allowed to go. Someone has apparently ringfenced my booze quota already. Honestly, as if I'd drink more than my fair share and fall over and give smut writers a bad name ...

6 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congratulations on the reprint!!

And I'm so glad we're together in Ultimate Burlesque!

And I'm sorry we won't be together at the bash. (I can't go either, as someone appears to have left a huge ocean in the way.)

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks Jeremy! I'm v much looking forward to the UB antho. And I know, it's a bugger we still haven't worked out that beaming portal machine so we can all meet up. I'm still proposing a conference in Iceland though ...

kristina lloyd said...

What's your story called, Nikki? I'm trying to round up the titles.

I do wish you two could be here for the bash. It would be such fun. Ah well. Would you mind awfully if I have your share of champers?

Nikki Magennis said...

'Catch me if you can'. It involves fishnets, but not stockings.

And I *told* you, you have to post me my champagne in a jiffy bag! Unless I make it down. It's hard travelling with a full entourage of Men fae Arbroath with Big Knees, granny and Jeremy in his Fedora.

kristina lloyd said...

Haha! I've only just clicked your youtube link!

It's not me, I swear! But I am actually friends with the other KL on Facespace etc. We found each other and had a bit of a chat and realised we had several weird little things in common. Was most strange!

Nikki Magennis said...

Heh - your doppelganger seems very nice, KL!