Wednesday, July 09, 2008



Not I, Samuel Beckett (Part 1)

I woke up this morning with something like this in my head. This summer the days are white and heavy and thick, the sky tightening all morning, until we have a rainburst, a monsoon, in mid-afternoon. Afterwards it's clear and I can breathe for a while.

I get struck dumb with this blog. I'd like to write, but I feel I should write about sex or erotica, and then I stop. I am stopping. Rather - I'm going to give up trying to shoe horn myself into some sex-shaped box and just post as it comes.

I would have put a poem here, but jesus, really, how could anyone follow Beckett? Today I might just listen instead of writing.

4 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Bravo! I never post about sex in my blog... I write erotic *fiction*, but otherwise, I don't particularly want to talk about sex all the time, and much prefer to chat on all sorts of topics.

Nikki Magennis said...

Yes, I find it just gets a bit too intense! I think I've decided I might as well just enjoy myself if I'm going to have a bloody blog. And give up pretending to be professional. I don't think anyone was fooled anyway.

: )

Miss Syl said...

You could always start a new blog. ;-)

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey Syl,

Not a bad idea! Hmm. I'll have to think about that one more. x