Friday, April 18, 2008

friday, friday, friday

and we've been working hard all week, ain't we? So here we go.

last night I dreamt of otters and the long dirt road that led to home and you, you, you.

I have no idea what the otters were all about.

Today I found some minimal poetry, including the poem

lighght

by Aram Saroyan. Afterwards I stared hypnotised at the paragraph I was trying to edit:

{her striped tights

And didn't get much work done this afternoon.

Anyway, here is MIA, who is a genius and beautiful too. Happy weekend all.



Hm fuckit, doesn't seem to be loading here. If you can't see the vid, go find it on youtube or buy her music. I swear you won't regret it. Only don't watch the vids if you have epileptic tendencies. x

4 comments:

Shanna Germain said...

OMG...that f-ing poem!

*grumbles and goes off to get coffee herself, muttering about reading something that makes her feel like shitty writer too early in the morning*

Let's IM! Going off to write, but will be around after :)

Best, s.

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, you should click the others. There's some AMAZING stuff there.

I wrote a load of very short, 1 line poems ages ago. All my friends laughed at me and thought it was ridiculous. When I read some of the minimal poetry at the dirt online zine and stuff I just thought - yes! It is possible! I'm not completely insane!

This afternoon I realised sanity was a moot point. But anyway, yes, let's IM. You work too bloody hard. Quick, write lots of one-line poems and then let's get virtually drunk! xxx

Miss Syl said...

I *lurrrrve* this song. Especially the amazingly perfect use bullet-shot syncopation. Why has no one ever thought of that before?

BTW, go to my blog and check out the band I just posted about. I have sense you'd like them.

Nikki Magennis said...

Isn't it just, Syl? I fucking love it. And that sour, draggy voice.

I envy MIA's nails, too.

(Been, seen and enjoyed Holy Fuck! Cheers!)x