Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The final chapter

Oh sweet jesus, I never thought three thousand words would look so appealing.

My hands are cramped into claws so my typing speed is slowing, and my back is hunched like a question mark. I haven't seen daylight in two days and the house has got overrun with mice while I wasn't looking. As you can see, grammatical/logical speech is deteriorating. Took me ten minutes to remember the past tense of 'rip' yesterday.

Next time, for sure, I shall map out my time more carefully so that I don't end up doing this marathon 2k-a-day race to meet the deadline.

Okay, onto the final chapter before I lose the ability to speak or the power of sight or sense or whatever the hell it was I had back when I started this book. I'll leave you with this ...



"Very few blind people join the nudists"

9 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Go Nikki go!!!!

And if your eyesight is failing, put those mice to work as your proofreaders.

Nikki Magennis said...

That's a brilliant idea, Jeremy. We caught one and I really wanted to keep it. He ate a pea and a bit of Green and Black's chocolate and then we had to put him in the garden to make his own way.

Sorry, what was the subject? Oh, yes, final chapter. Nearly there! I might get drunk, on my own, in the afternoon, in my pyjamas, if I finish it today.

So what else is new ...

Shh.

Janine Ashbless said...

"And it's Pyjama'd Smutwriter coming down the home straight, heading for the finish tape..."

Awesome filmclip, Nikki! I want to read them all.

What's your hand-in date?

Nikki Magennis said...

Hehe! crawling for the finish tape ...

I didn't know what to say about that film clip. It's just so - perfect.

Hand in is early May - but I know I've got a tonne of editing to do before then. I shall do it in a haze of gin, I think.

Miss Syl said...

You can do it! I can't wait to read this once it's done...

Craig Sorensen said...

Yes, that film clip is indeed perfect. Loved it!

I've never been more proud to be morally bankrupt!

Saskia Walker said...

Hehe, what about the poor person who had to spend hours covering up all that genitilia. Must have been awful for them. :)

I hope busy you're chillin' now!

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey Syl, Craig and Saskia,

Sorry all, I've been away unwinding the writer's cramps in the middle of nowhere for a week! Thank you, anyway, I have finished, anyway, and am as chilled as a bottle of Stolly.

: )

Jeremy Edwards said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!