Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quick round up



My wee flash 'Rat Race' will be appearing in here in June! Yay!

Edited by Alison Tyler, published by Cleis Press.

Novel news: Bed time reading gets mixed up with the novel writing. I should know to abstain, or at least match the current book on my bedstand with the subject of the novel. Right now I'm reading 'The Ethics Toolkit' and it doesn't blend well. I just caught myself making a note to consider the sexual philosophy of my characters.

No. No, no, no. I just want to write a pacy, sexy, noirish good read with no big pretensions. I mean, I'm dealingn with rubber dresses here. They just don't say a whole lot of 'existential', really, now do they?

Other news - hillwalking! Ah! Babies being born, left right and centre! Aha! Frost and sunshine and general upturn in mood as the Grand Life Plan possibly just maybe shimmers into focus ahead! All good. Plus I've just found that there's a man who can beatbox while he plays the flute ...



Sweet.

4 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

I mean, I'm dealingn with rubber dresses here. They just don't say a whole lot of 'existential', really, now do they?

Well, maybe with a rubber beret ...

Nikki Magennis said...

Isn't that a Prince song?

Janine Ashbless said...

And he does the Sesame Street theme too!

You're so good at posting clips that make me feel happy!

Nikki Magennis said...

And he's also rather dishy, isn't he?

I won't say anything about the obvious skilfulness of his mouth/tongue/lips because that would be crude.

Glad to be of service, Janine!