Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Slog

First, the good and sparkling news - My search for musical help hit gold when the intestimable Jonathan Caws-Elwitt came up with a real, musical, twanging and banging and lyrical song for Kara! The man is a genius. And he must have eight arms. It's amazing, truly amazing, to hear a song I scrawled down as background research put to music. I owe him massive thanks.

Later on, I'll start casting for singers and guitarists and so on. And sometime in the summer, you should be able to hear a demo of the song! With filthy bits and everything.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to put together the puzzle that is a plot. Right now it feels like I'm adrift in a rather rocky sea, clinging to a piece of driftwood. I need a bigger brain. And really, I need to swear off reading the internet for a while, till I get a rough draft down on paper. There's too much shouting going on at the moment, and I can't think straight.

Anyway, I am retreating to my burrow for a bit to work on writing a book that will merit having a soundtrack ... if I'm not back in a month or so, send a search party.

2 comments:

Just Craig said...

Glad you're getting the song worked out, and I look forward to hearing it! And don't forget that video (plasticene or no!)

Good luck on getting the book together.

Nikki Magennis said...

I certainly haven't forgotten, Craig! Thanks, I'll give you a shout when I've got the plasticene people in place ...