Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goal!



Working on your own there's no-one to celebrate with, so I have to do a dance all on my own and pretend Romain Duris is lying utterly shagged out nearby.

I'm not saying right now what I'm celebrating cause I don't want to jinx it but I think soon I'll have some good short story news!

Plus ...



That's right, the Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica, edited by Maxim Jakubowski, is out, stuffed full of lots of wonderful authors and stories. Hoorah! The link-tastic Alison Tyler has got deets of lots of the writers therein on her blog today, and because I am crap and running to the post office I have not, so please visit her for more info! Or just buy it!

(My story is 'undercover' and it was my 'rotica cherry, so to speak. Aw.)

8 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Woolly woolly woolly!!!

(Uh oh—is that a rude word, too? I'm ignorant, but always willing to learn.)

P.S. My spam word is otslme. That's definitely rude.

Shanna Germain said...

I'm celebrating with you!!!!!!!!!

Woot! Woot!

Jeremy, stop touching my woolly! (or is that wooly?)

Best, s.

Craig Sorensen said...

Congrats on your Mammoth accomplishment, Nikki.

Tentative congrats on your tentative good news, and I'll gladly do my infamous chicken dance in your honor so you won't feel so alone.

Trust me, you're better off in Scotland where you can't see it.

Oh, and Jeremy, otslme is only rude in the verb form. Used as a noun, it's quite acceptable even in the most polite company.

Not that I know much about polite company.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Congrats on another publication, Nikki!

My spam word is myole, which seems distinctly rude.

Janine Ashbless said...

Wow - I've just realised how sexy a sarong skirt looks.

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, thank you all for coming to the woolly party! It's much more fun when there's a bunch of us!

As for rude words, I think smut is in the mind of the beholder and therefore you're all clearly filthy-minded clatty guttersnipes! Rock on!

(and Janine - yes, only paired with long johns and wellies I find the look is somewhat spoiled.)

xx

Smut Girl said...

I'm late but congrats! And I love your big pacederm...packiderm...I love your shaggy elephant.

Also yay for possible good news. Come back soon and tell us what the hell you are talking about!

XOXO :)
Sommer

Nikki Magennis said...

Cheers Sommer! Shaggy elephant is perfect!