Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008

A very happy new year to you all!

I've arrived in 2008 with a sodding flubug, hoorah.

But also a whole raft of hopeful and good intentions. I'm hoping the days in bed will be like an incubation, after which I shall shoot like a rocket spewing stars, light and deep and meaningful work firing off in all directions.

Meanwhile, if you like the sound of getting some contemporary poetry sent to you every week, join up to a new email thang from Oxford Uni here.

And if you're looking for a nice little film to watch, have a peep at four eyed monsters, which is a very sweet and funny and nicely handmade film about love and sex and film making.

In other news, my dear and most winsome friend Shanna Germain is embarking on novels this year, which is fabulous news for anyone who likes books. Check out her new blog on the link, and cheer her on!

I wish you all a great and beautiful year with many balloons. I am off to tend my bedsores. I mean, write chapter five.

8 comments:

Miss Syl said...

Happy new year, darlin'. Like the new look.

Shanna Germain said...

*Cheers!*

You're back. Sorry to hear you're feeling oogy though. Drink lots of chicken soup and hot toddies. Oh, hell, just drink lots. You'll feel better in no time.

Can't wait to read chapter 5!

And I hope you're ready...I'm working on my 5,000 words to send your way (finally!)

Bestest, s.

Nikki Magennis said...

Ooh, Syl, I was hoping you'd stop by. You really must watch that four eyed monsters film, I know you'd love it. And a happy new year to you to, in maroon and orange! x

And S, dammit, are we racing? We are? Okay, I'm on it. Can't wait. x

Saskia Walker said...

Happy New Year, Nikki! I hope 2008 is a great year for you.

Miss Syl said...

I tried to watch it in bed on the laptop last night, but I am under the weather, too, and fell asleep in the middle of it.

But, *my god,* the main male writer/director/actor looks *exactly* like an old boyfriend of mine from a long time ago--even the HAIRCUT is exactly the same. For a minute I thought it had to be him, since I knew he was in California making independent films now, but I checked and it's not the same name. (Unless he's changed his name.)

Did you have trouble watching the one posted on their website? It kept crashing after about a minute and a half and then reverting to the beginning again. I ended up having to watch it through YouTube, which is much lower quality.

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey Saskia! Wishing you all the best for 2008 too - here's hoping it's a good 'un, eh?! xx

Syl - my god, is everyone ill?? Hope you feel better soon.

I watched the movie and it was excellent quality. And that's some nice looking ex, by the way!

Alana said...

Nx, no bedsores. Feel better soon.

Did you know your website's all brown? :-)

XXOO

Nikki Magennis said...

Are you seeing brown? I have it as a kind of rusty red. Hm. Well, I can't say it was a well-planned reconcepting design project - I was just sick of white!

Anyway, I am feeling much better, thank you doll. xx