Monday, December 17, 2007

Thyiys weyeky'sy farce


Isy thayt I'vey sypliyt teay on m keyyyyyyyyyboard and now the yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy keyy iysy gyoinyg absyolutely mental. Christ. How can I write a novel like this?

Pah, I givey up.
HYerye'sy a piycturey of soymey wiyntery treyes. Normal seryviycey wiyll bey reysyumeyd shyortl, I very much yhyopey.

In thyey meantime, to turn thisy gliytchy to m advantagey, perhyapsy I shyall writye an orgasmy sceyney.

Heroiney:"Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeysyy Ohy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeyes, oh yyyyyyyyyyyyyyes"

(Author: "WHyy oh whyyyyyyyy oh why does thisy crap always hyappen to me?")

10 comments:

kristina lloyd said...

Haha! Even the trees are Y-shaped.

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks for commentying on my blog, Ms Lloyd. Would you like ys with that?

Just Craig said...

Iyyy lyove thisy bylogy, Nyikkyi!

Gyood luyck aynd ywatch thyat tyea!

Cyryaig

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey Craig,

Thank you! Look, though, look! I can type with exactly the requisite amount of ys again! Yay!

I really should invest in a waterproof keyboard...

Smut Girl said...

Yay (see: two y's in yay). Glad you are all normal again...relatively speaking..heh heh :)
xo
S

Just Craig said...

You just need to keep a couple of keyboards on hand, Nikki. Spill some tea on a keyboard, unplug it, and plug in the backup. Hang the wet keyboard out to dry.

You can tell the career geeks from the amateurs when you get no nonsense advice like the above...

Saskia Walker said...

I once had my space bar get stuck, so allthewordscameoutlikethis. I like Craig's advice!

Nikki Magennis said...

You guys are quite right. I need back up everything, with the amount of klutzy mishaps that seem to befall me. Particularly with the drink problem. (I keep missing my mouth...)

Anne Tourney said...

I'm happy your "y" returned to sanity, Nikki. Phrases like "soymey wiyntery treyes" were giving me nightmarish Chaucer flashbacks . . .

Hope the novel's going well, with plenty of breaks for condoms, Christmas, champagne, etc., etc.

Nikki Magennis said...

You may be onto something there, Anne. I reckon that's what was up with Chaucer. Sticky keyboard.

Novel is not so much galloping as whimpering along, but I shall beat the fucker into shape soon, never fear! Cheers!