Thursday, December 27, 2007

Interlude.

Lovely poem, and most beautiful video:



New Years Resolutions (long list, must start early)

1. I shall be as kind as a Benedictine Monk.
2. I shall try to cultivate grace.
3. (again) I shall learn to drive.
4. I shall write two novels in 2008, one erotic, the other one about the beach and the soldier and the tattoo.
5. I shall write a lot more poetry, but not inflict it on people until its good.
6. I shall find a cheap video camera and make films.
7. I shall move out the ghetto.
8. I shall learn grammar better and work out exactly in what context I should ought to use shall will intend to.
9. I shall back up.
10. I shall beam positivity from my arse to my ears so brightly that I dazzle people. Yes, brazenly happy. I shall.
11. I shall be honest.
12. I shall be more curious than certain.

Okay, that's them up there in black and white so you can hold me to these and throw hamsters at me if I welsh on any of them.

Maybe I'll think of more later once I've smoked a hundred fags and finished the last bottle of beer.

4 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

There I was, in a completely different part of the Internet, when suddenly this bright, beaming light shone out and led me here. So I think you're off to a good start!

BTW, I only today discovered your hilarious MySpace post about going on strike as a freelance writer. Brilliant!

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey J, thanks for that! Happy New Year! The beamy positivity is just slightly tarnished just now with flu and a hangover, but I'm working on it!

Alana said...

LoveloveLove #12.

Happy New Year, Nx.

Nikki Magennis said...

Cheers A! A very happy - oh, wait, I'll go and tell you in your own houseblog. I do wish we all lived closer, I would have brung you some coal and whisky. x