Friday, November 16, 2007

Yes, Sir



'Under his hand, I blossom' will be appearing in 'Yes, Sir', edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel, and out in March 2008.

I'm never very sure how to describe stories. I think I'd call this one 'intense'. Here's the opening:


'My room is as silent as a theatre before the play starts. Sun slants through the tall windows, sliced into stripes by the blinds, and falls on the pale polished floors. Dust motes dance in the lit spots. I’ve furnished it in exactly the style I prefer - white walls, blue and white sheets on the bed, dark stained furniture, like a Moroccan hotel. It’s my sanctuary - everything arranged according to my wishes, nothing out of place. Which makes the man standing by the door all the more disturbing.'

After that it just gets very, very dirty, very quickly. Wouldn't want to offend my readers' delicate sensibilities, so I'll stop there...

Available for pre-order here! Hoorah!

2 comments:

Charlie Horse said...

Whew! That's one hot cover...

Nikki Magennis said...

Isn't it lovely? Reminds me of a moonrise... ; )