Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ya! Shazam.



I just got word from Black Lace, and the man from Del Monte says: Rock n Roll.

That's right - less than one year to wait until the smut corners of bookshops everywhere will be graced with my next novel! (So far titled: Bitchbook/The Rakes/Lady Lick/Breaking the Rules - uh, how about a competition for a title? Winner gets a Jesus Christ Superstar album, hardly scratched...or a signed copy of said book.)

Apparently it's very horny. This, I believe, is good. Anyway, I need a filing cabinet and some fishnet stockings, toot suite! Me and my sweaty minion smutting helpers will be hard at work soon to create a wonderful rock opera - no, a sexy novel with a deeply rocking sound track. Yes, that's the idea.

It's about a girl who sings in a band. Her lead guitarist. Her ex music teacher. Arpeggios, rock stars, leather and lipstick and dressing room capers, oh my.

Meanwhile, in completely unrelated news, I'm learning all about Steampunk, Swashbuckling Pirates and The Sweats. La, la, la, the more research I do the more effectively I can forget that -

MUST NOW WRITE NOVEL

- Did you hear something there? No? Me neither.

Eh bien, no rest for the wicked. I'll get back to my Zorro research.

11 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Yay! You're a rock star, Nikki!

Can I have your beer-stained set list? Gnawed guitar pick? How 'bout a lipstick-autographed photo?

And here's a cheezy title idea: Opening Act. (Nudge nudge, wink wink.)

Madelynne Ellis said...

Congrats, Nikki! There's no burying your head in research land when there's a novel to be written!

Portia Da Costa said...

Wahey, that's brilliant news! Am looking forward to this book... sounds like a riot!

Well done, mate! :)

Nikki Magennis said...

Aw, thank you all!

Jeremy, you may, of course. I'll certainly be gnawing something come November.

And Madelynne, yes, shhhhhhhh! I know. : (

Portia - you know, a riot is quite likely! Thanks hon.

N xxx

kristina lloyd said...

Hurrah! Back in the saddle, eh?

Huge congratulations. I hope you enjoy writing it!

Nikki Magennis said...

Thanks, Kristina!

Yes back in the saddle. It seems to be all sticky for some reason. And the pommel is in a weird place. Hey ho, Silver!

Shanna Germain said...

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all ;0

s.

Nikki Magennis said...

Hee hee! Cheers S, my dear lady.

Saskia Walker said...

Darling Nikki, (ahem) I am SO delighted to read this news, and I can't wait to read the novel.
Sending virtual hugs.

Nikki Magennis said...

Saskia! Thank you! A big virtual hug right back at you.

You know I had to look up that song, and it's filthy.

Saskia Walker said...

It just seemed SO appropriate. ;-) Hug gratefully received!