Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dress up, dress down




The above battered photo is the only one I have of Hallowe'en about ten years ago. You can't see the silver skirt or the body glitter or the hobbling shoes! (You also can't see my best friend in her Oxfam wedding dress sprayed red, red wig and red gloves.) Nobody recognised us, nobody.

We won second prize at the art school ball for our costumes. I'm sure that's a monopoly card...

In other news, I think I'm painted out. Anything I do between now and the weekend will definitely not be dry in time. I've sliced my thumb open (shouldn't be allowed scalpels), wrenched my back and inhaled a few gallons of turpentine. I think I've done enough!

So next, I'm aiming for a couple of deadlines for stories that are gnashing their teeth at me. A tattoo story with no ending and a couple of thousand words of bitchbook. No rest for the wicked.

5 comments:

Alana said...

Oh how bout three totally different tattoo stories and not liking any one of them?

Love,
A

Shanna Germain said...

Me too, me too! I have four stories due April 1st, plus, what? oh, seriously? I promised her 4,000 words by Friday. Crap.

:) s.

Nikki Magennis said...

Alana, I'll swap you one of your reject stories for ... what, money? my undying affection? a kidney?

And Shanna, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be writing? ; ) he he he he he....

Alana said...

Yeah, Shanna. You have NO TIME for blogs. Or wine and crackers with me Saturday night. Oh wait, you said Sunday. Anyway, go write or something, would you?

Nikki, your undying affection sounds irrisistable right now. Thanks.

By the way, I sent you a parcel today!!!

Peace,
A

Nikki Magennis said...

I LOVE PARCELS I LOVE PARCELS!!!!!

Thanks, A.

And oh, look, I managed to write an amount of words about tattoos. Don't know if I can call it a story, seeing as the climax actually appears to be a kettle boiling. But I wrote them, god dammit.

Shanna - you know I was joking, don't you? Where are you? Come back...