Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wanted - blog nanny

You know how there's the 'phone nanny' service for when you're drunk? You dial a number and it refuses to let you make that 3am call to your ex where you slobber down the line and shriek and rail and ask where it all went wrong.

I'm thinking I need one like that for bloggering, only when PMT strikes. Around every 28 days the computer will seize up and stop me from pouring out vitriol and hyperbole into the universe.

Right now I'm having to try and stop myself, and correct me if I'm wrong, but a madwoman with rampant hormones just isn't up to self-censure.

Roar.

Right, off to chew the radiators. The oestrogen is also compelling me to write an erotic mock-historical paranormal romance, when I should be doing the complete opposite. Automatic writing, yes, fine, but it's tosh. Someone take the notebook out of my hands now, please, before I do something I regret. You can give me it back in 5 to 7 days when I'm feeling less female.

4 comments:

May said...

I've come to find that having a blog schedule that allows me to blog only about certain things each day has helped me from spewing vitriol every 4 weeks because of PMT.

Nikki Magennis said...

Hmm. Interesting idea, May. I get a bit twitchy when it comes to schedules though. Let me see:

Monday - whine
Tuesday - rant
Wednesday- plead
Thursday- incoherent
Friday- drunk
Saturday and Sunday - asleep in a dark room.

That sounds about right. You might be onto something here!

May said...

Oh I wanted to thank you for linking to me!

I'm aka miladyinsanity.

I will add your blog to my sidebar when I eventually update it again. :)

Nikki Magennis said...

I love the name 'Milady Insanity'. And your blog's quality. It makes me laugh. Cheers!