Friday, February 16, 2007

It's a circus...


Today it's my turn to pimp my book over at lustbites.

Just for kicks, here's a very small taste of Circus Excite - an early scene with Robert and Julia. This is after Julia's fucked up a dance routine, when Robert takes her into his caravan to show her what the circus is all about.

(I'm sorry it's short and relatively clean - for some reason I get all coy about putting explicit scenes up here. If you want the juicy bits, I'm afraid you'll just have to get the book!)

Excerpt:

‘This circus is about arousal, Julia. About getting horny. What I want from you is a mind-fuck. You can’t just wriggle your ass and turn me on.’ Julia felt the white-hot shock of his words, so intimate and direct. Was he still talking about the show? Was he bluntly telling her he didn’t want to fuck her? Robert seemed to read her mind:
‘What you fear is often the source of your most powerful sexuality. What makes you angry, what disgusts you, even. What were you thinking of, this afternoon? What is it you really desire?’
Julia hesitated, her mind racing. How should she react to this? She didn’t know if Robert was offering a challenge or asking a rhetorical question. As she sipped at her wine, playing for time, she remembered the photo of Josephine Baker, curling over on her back with an expression of tense, joyous sensuality. The image of a woman so explosively sexual, so dynamic and vibrant, was what had driven her through dance school.
‘I want to blow everyone away’ she heard herself blurt out.
Robert remained silent, waiting, it seemed, for Julia to elaborate. When she stayed silent, feeling embarrassed, he spoke in a voice so soft Julia wasn’t sure she’d heard him right.
‘Take off the shirt, Julia.’ he repeated, slowly, sitting motionless opposite her.




From Circus Excite, © 2006 Nikki Magennis

4 comments:

Sabrina Luna said...

Hi Nikki! CIRCUS EXCITE sounds wonderful! Congrats! :)

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Hi Nikki, I'm really looking forward to this book, I love the idea of the circus theme, it's so exotic

Nikki Magennis said...

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much! I do hope you enjoy it, Maria. It was a labour of love for sure...

Nikki Magennis said...

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much! I do hope you enjoy it, Maria. It was a labour of love for sure...