Thursday, November 09, 2006

Nice feeling

You ever wake up and open your eyes to a sunny day that just feels ... right?

Hmm....

Oh yes, and I was writing a post in my head that was about why Shanna Germain deserves to win the Rauxa Prize. It's got nothing to do with the fact that I have the pleasure of knowing her from my crit group. It was something about how her writing is expansive, moving, beautiful, warm, inventive, imaginative and meaningful. And that she is totally dedicated, but still human. We need writers like this. In fact, if I was an editor I'd be beating down her door to publish a collection of her short stories, and promising her a good fat advance to do it.

Gets my vote...

2 comments:

Shanna Germain said...

Aw, crap. It's too early for me to cry, you big jerk!

You totally just made my day seem like that sunny day you mentioned, even though it's pouring here.

I can't say thank you enough for the kind thoughts/words.

Best, s.
s.

Nikki said...

He he, made you cry...mission accomplished...

Anyway, I forgot to say they were sexy too. I think I thought that goes without saying.

; )