Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bad dreams

Blog currently in quarantine. I've got what would be called 'man-flu' if I wasn't a girl. And I make a terrible patient.

Meanwhile, all I want to do is sit at my desk with the fire on next to me and get back into the new book. Only a stream of visitors (since when did I get visitors?) has appeared out of nowhere. I've been fashion-shooting and receiving chairs for decoration and dragging my sorry flu-ridden ass out of bed to go for dinner with seldom-seen friends.

In between I've had the weirdest dreams, and wake up like a wild boar with a running nose, snuffling and snorting and moaning.

This is when I start to get peevish and vile, and will eventually start to ignore phone calls, doorbells and singing telegrams. It's that time of year when everyone starts to get in the spirit of the season already, and I'm too occupied.

Bah humbug.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki does more sick with man-flu than I do when perfectly healthy. I wish someone would throw my sorry ass out on the street to have dinner with friends. Chair decorating and what was theother thing - oh yeah, fashion shooting. Girl, are you for real? and if you are, can you teach me how to do that?

Nikki said...

Is that you, banana? I recognise the voice...

Anyway, it might sound more impressive when you can't see the looooooong stretches of sitting on the sofa reading crappy detective novels and chain smoking. In my pyjamas.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh Nikki, nikki, nikki.... I am the Queeen of smokey detective novel immersing but you forgot the wine (nah - who am I kidding?Ii's beer - Can't afford wine and it makes me sick anyway!) But there is light on the horizon. I have started stretching this body of mine in the mornings. It's sort of like Mt. Aetna re-erupting. A lot of smoke and little actual I am a seething mass of unerupted detective novel-seeking goo...

Anonymous said...

oops that should be:

A lot of smoke and little actual movement. I am a mass.....(etc)

I hate typos amd mistakes. This is a clue to my identity!
From now on, though, you can address me as SuperWoman - as soon as I find the friggin' costume and what if it don't fit?

Nikki said...

Well, Superwoman/Starky...this is a mystery! Better than a detective novel. I'm guessing you're from the tank. Hm. Let me think...

Any more clues???

Nikki said...

No, wait, Montreal - with my astounding knowledge of geography, I just got it. You're from Canadia!