Sunday, October 15, 2006

Time out

I'm sure there's a mathematical equation somewhere that goes: Inspiration expressed as 'X' increases in directly proportion to the length of time 't' spent pottering and dossing, pissing around and faffing.

If you don't believe me, try taking a whole day off - spend it in bed or in the park or in the bath or in the pub. Forget all your usual oughts and musts and shoulds and just let yourself slide down the slope of self indulgence. Please yourself - in every way you can think of... ; )

I bet you wake up the next day with a sudden flash of something - a fresh idea, a revelation, a nice warm taste in your mouth.

I spent yesterday cleaning the house, knitting and eating. Yes I am an old lady, and yes these things give me immense pleasure. Today I feel stoked up enough to revise a couple of stories and work on another two. (We'll see how far I get...)

Time is elastic in my head.

1 comment:

Shanna Germain said...

I love this idea, and I'm totally stealing it...

...as soon as I can get a day off! :)

s.