Monday, October 16, 2006

Strawberry switchblade research


- A brief flash in the Glasgow poppy-punk movement of the eighties. I started researching the band last night and got sucked in. So much for revision - research is much more fun.

There's this fabulous site that has recorded lengthy interviews and collected all the clips and pictures they could. (I'd never even heard of them til yesterday, but last night I learned all about the rise and fall of the polka-dot duo.) It's a perfect little story...

Now all I need is for some old Glasgow punk to drop by and arrange a hook-up with the guitarist and I will be in obscure research heaven. (And the story that started me off on this wild goose chase will never get written, because as ever real life trumps fiction.)

3 comments:

yunusemre said...

woow very pretty girl

Saskia Walker said...

Ah, memories. I'm so old compared to you. ;)) Rose is now in her own band called Sorrow. Not so upbeat as SS but very interesting stuff and she's kept the gothic angle in her image. ;)

http://www.rosemcdowall.com/home.html

Nikki said...

Aren't they pretty, yunusemre? And somehow so innocent looking.

Thanks Saskia, I had a look at Rose's site. It's pretty too.

For some reason though, my teenage crush centres on the other one, who seems to have vanished into the ether.