Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Your future, nectar bird

The phrase means nothing, it was just a strangely poetic spam message I got yesterday. Further on it promised to solve my 'erectoin problems'. Then I got another one that said: 'Your cash, ovate-oblong'.

I've never been called Ovate-oblong before. Is that some kind of strange translation of a term of endearment? I quite like it.

Today I shall be taken out to buy boots. Big tall leather boots with a bit of a heel. First of my birthday presents, as I am now on the slippery slope that leads to thirty. I shall be wearing a black armband for the next month to mourn the passing of my youth.

But I can't be too morose - life is good and at least I will be celebrating/commiserating with friends and am not stuck in an obscure African country while the government 'processes' my passport...(I feel for you, step-bro. We'll celebrate when you get back. And some.)

To brighten your day, here's a picture of Best Gay Erotica 07. For all those girls and boys who like a little m/m, enjoy. The lovely and vastly talented Alana Noel has a story in it that I can't wait to read.



And I just worked out how to do links within text and I'm very proud of myself...

4 comments:

Alana said...

Thanks for posting the cover of the book, Nikki. XXOO

A

Nikki said...

My pleasure. That's a couple of beautiful young men there.

Only, I don't know why it came out so small. One just has to use one's imagination and blow it up to life-size, technicolour...

Alana said...

I know, Nikki, aren't they gorgeous? I can lose myself for several seconds at a time gazing upon the two of them. Do you ever write gay erotica?

Nikki said...

I can write f/f encounters fine, but when it comes to two men together, I find it hard. Probably because not one of the men I've asked will oblige with a demonstration of exactly how it works....

Actually there's a club in Glasgow where they do give educational and informative displays, but it's called 'butch' or something and I'm too scared to go.