Friday, September 22, 2006

This week's lesson is ...

For god's sake,

back up. Just got word back from the computer doctor, and my laptop is a dead duck. Three years of odd notes, half written stories, letters, everything. Gone gone gone. No hope of recovery. Shortly I shall bounce back and think of it as a clean slate, fresh start, turning point. But for now, let me wag my finger at you and encourage everyone to get out the discs. It's a dull job, but you don't want to be where I'm sitting right now, really.

I'd just like to rant and rave briefly about the manufacturers - Acer - for producing The Computer That Ate My Damn Life. So there you are. Buy Dell, and don't bother with the warranty cos it's not worth a damn.

In other news, I made a plot so 'minimalist' yesterday I'm awestruck. Gone are the evil blackmailers, clever twists and cliffhangers. In fact, I think I wrote a black hole that swallowed the plot.

I think I'd better give it ONE more shot...

3 comments:

Alana said...

Nikki, my god! What happened to your hard-drive? Are you serious? I'm so sorry; that's like a writer's worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. XXOO A

Madelynne said...

Oh, Nikki, poor you! I've had that happen to me. It sucks.

I'm sure your plot will come together soon.

Nikki said...

Thanks for the sympathy girls. My hard drive just died. Mechanical fault, apparently.

I've got the most utterly important stuff saved, miraculously. But you know what it's like, a tonne of thngs that were the seedlings of stories. Poems. Etc...

Ach, it's just words, right? Worse things happen at sea.