Saturday, July 01, 2006

In the laundry...

Clean sheets are nearly there with publishing my short 'Undercover' - and the noble editor called it a 'lovely, arch little story', which tickles me immensely. Boost.

I'll shout loudly about it when it's online!

On the other hand, I'm now in cold sweats about this review of Circus Excite in Scarlet - no copies available in the local newsagents and my imagination's starting to run in overdrive. The line 'you'll never write in this town again' is running through my head. Ah, great, the fertile imagination now diverted from the tricky first chapter of the book into writing my own obit. I may have to lie down in a darkened room for a while...God, how come writers are such oversensitive creatures?

Course, I can always leave the country and assume a different name.

Again...

No comments: